What does it take to realize your goals? There’s a procedure we mentally go through when we set, plan and take action on our targets. At times we think it’s just about setting the goal and then getting into action. We quickly find ourselves distracted and off track. This is common, especially when the goal procedure is not followed. Here is a 10 step process to support you on your efforts. All the Best!
2. CLARITY – understand what’s important and set a target
3. MOTIVATION – know your WHY and the advantages of doing this
4. CAN DO ATTITUDE – decide what you will do, celebrate what you’ve done
5. FOCUS – know what you would like to accomplish and do it
6. PLAN – be clear and specific with your goal and plan of what and how you are going to do it
7. SET MILESTONES – create mini landmarks to keep you feeling momentum and success
8. SUPPORT – have a community or responsibility to support you or keep you on track (it matters if you do not do it)
Test your goals today…
– Am I open to new ways and ideas? (closed or fixed mindset)
– Can I have clarity on what’s most important to do?
– Am I inspired? If not, what is getting in my way and how can I remove the barrier?
– What’s my attitude? Do I see the possibilities and solutions? If I’m stuck, talk to someone or write down the block and shift to thinking”what’s possible?”
– Am I focused? If there are distractions write them down to perform later or set up area to reduce distractions.
– What is my plan to get this done? What do I want to do and when will I get it done?
– what’s the first milestone or significant accomplishment toward this objective?
– What actions will I take at the moment?
– Who will I be accountable too and check in with?
– What will I do to recharge and take a break?
Setting goals isn’t just about the goal; it is all about the process around the goal. At times these steps can seem obvious or trite nevertheless they are key actions in the process of goal accomplishment. If you aren’t reaching your objectives, consider if there’s a step in the procedure which you can sharpen and increase your target success!